Xero Training Courses
If you are keen to convert to Xero, or already have done and want software training then we can help you. Although Xero is a very ‘user friendly’ system with an excellent support mechanism, sometimes it’s reassuring to be taught face to face.
Jane is a certified advisor and has delivered Xero training to Book-keepers, accountants and business owners. Jane is also an experienced teacher having been an accounting lecturer for 12+ years so she brings with her a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
We can deliver training at our local training centre in Weedon , Northamptonshire which is very convenient to travel to, alternatively the training can be done in your workplace. The prices quoted below are based on 1:1 training but a price can be negotiated for more than one person attending the course.
The course will be delivered through the Xero demo company and it is highly recommended that all delegates complete the Xero essentials course which can be found in the training zone of the Xero website.
The full day course (9.30am – 4pm) comprises of the following subject areas:
Setting up your business in Xero and conversion basics
1. Learn how to set up your account profile and an overview of the organisational and financial settings
2. Set up and import your chart of accounts from a previous software and an overview of the conversion balances. Please note this will be in the demo company and it is recommended that you also follow the Xero help pages on this section.
1. Understand how your contacts work in Xero
2. Adding a contact to optimise processing
Create Smart Lists to work with your marketing plan
1. Set up tracking categories to enable more detailed reports and comparisons within regions for example.
Quotes and sales invoices
1. Learn how to create quotes, email quotes and create a sales invoice form a quote
2. Learn how to speed up your sales receipts by using the online invoicing method of payment
Managing your receivables and payables
1. Understand how Xero can help improve your cash flow and manage your debtors and creditors with ease
1. Learn how to create purchase orders and to convert these to bills.
2. Attach files to your purchase invoice for ease of referencing
1. Importing a bank statement
2. The different steps to reconciling a bank account
3. Dealing with overpayments and part-payments
4. Bank rules and cash coding to speed up the process
Find and recode
1. Learn how to recode transactions in bulk
1. Setting up and importing inventory
2. Adding new items of inventory
3. Converting from untracked to tracked
1. A look at most of the useful reports within Xero including the VAT, month end reconciliation reports, management reports and KPIs
The full day cost of the course is £350 on a 1:1 basis but please contact us if there are more than one delegate in your organisation wishing to attend and we can look at an alternative cost.
If you wish the course to be delivered at your workplace which is more than 30 miles from our office then an extra charge will be added to cover mileage and expenses.